This content is copyrighted all rights are reserved to Interfaith Networking.Â
Go Zoe Wireless provides broadband access throughout East Texas and I’ve secured and exclusive e-mail interview.
1. How long have you been interested in technology and providing wireless
internet in particular?
Ashton: 5 yrs at least
2. What experiences have prepared you for running Gozoe Wireless today?
Ashton: Truly just running any business helps and Ihave managed and run 4
businesses in different fields before buying my own Computer retail store.
I have also done a lot of simple wireless networks in homes and estates
involving indoor and outdoor having lots of problems which equates to lots
of research and learning.
3. What areas do you serve currently?
Ashton: Marshall, Scottsville, Woodlawn, Leigh community, Shadowood estates, Cross
Roads, Hidden Lake and Underwood Road, Industrial Park, ETBU Campus.
4. Where are you planning to expand to next?Ashton: Elysian Fields, Harleton, Jefferson, Hallsville, Carthage, Waskom.
5. What are the advantages of your service over satellite or other
Ashton: We are not only the least expensive “last mile” solution we are by far the
fastest or largest bandwidth capable solution. We have extremely low
latency for gamers which is a real problem for satellite also VPN
connections for businesses drop with high latency.
6. What does your service generally cost?
Ashton: Basic Residential is $49.95/month
7. What are the installation fees if any?
8. How fast is your service? What is the upload and download?
Ashton: Dedicated 512 up and down bursting to 1.5MB up and down
we can give up to 10/MB
9. What made East Texas a popular market you thought needed to be served?
Ashton: Basically no one else was doing it and the 900MHZ frequency just got solid
and affordable which is necessary because of the thick foliage in East
10. I know you recently blanketed the campus of East Texas Baptist
University with Wireless Access, what can you say about this partnership
agreement and how it benefits the Faculty, Students and Staff at the
Ashton: This is a unique situation we are taking an undue load from the
University’s IT department which found itself supporting an entertainment technology more than a research tool. Which is more our specialty plus we were able to stay in our specialty by providing something it did notcurrent ly have wireless everywhere on campus. We also are going to provide
more than twice the bandwidth the students currently have access to now.
11. Do you foresee the need to acquire wireless spectrum such as that
being vacated by Analog Television broadcasts to secure your niche wireless
access for the Rural East Texas consumer?
Ashton: No there is not a problem or not too much in the unlicensed bands yet.
12. How then do you feel you can continue to compete when large carriers
are sure to roll out WIMAX in the future?
Ashton: First of all we are already here it will be hard to convince people to drop
a first class system that is working well. Plus cost for Wimax won’t be
cheap at first.
13. What advantages does your service currently offer, over your current competition?
Ashton: We can install very quickly and go where many of them cannot and the ones that can go everywhere we strongly outperform.
14. What do you foresee as your competitive edge as other carriers roll out Wimax nationwide?
Ashton: We are wimax ready when it is cost effective and widespread we can change a radio card in our Access points and we are wimax ready just that simple. We are completely wimax ready at ETBU.
13. I know your service provides Internet for many areas of East Texas,
what is your service’s contact information for anyone that’s interested?
Gozoe Wireless LLP
2660 east end blvd S.
Marshall, texas 75672